KERB is a business that powers other businesses. We focus on the incubation and growth of innovative, independent food businesses, and operate Seven Dials Market – our flagship central London food hall that sees 4,000 visitors eat and drink at our 20 independent food businesses and two bars every day.
We are a hospitality obsessed and people-first company who believes that everyone with a bit of spark should have the opportunity to ignite it. Be it food entrepreneurs or team members, our mission is to create opportunity and joy through great food, from the KERB up.
As the Floor Manager, you will play a crucial role in ensuring the smooth operations and exceptional guest experience within our bustling venue. Your friendly demeanour, creative problem-solving abilities, and smart decision-making skills will be the key to your success.
Working within the management team you will drive health and safety practices, standards, speed of service, table maintenance, quality control (this includes eating!) and guest engagement.
Taking ownership within the venue, ensuring all front and back of house areas are in keeping with the operational standards set out by KERB and Seven Dials Market.
You will be an ambassador for KERB and Seven Dials Market working with 3rd party suppliers such as security and cleaning contractors to ensure that the service level agreements are achieved. You will assist the events team in staging events including set-up, execution, management and communications. You will engage with traders and guests to deliver London’s greatest street food hall.
- Lead and motivate a diverse floor team, fostering a positive and cohesive work environment.
- Provide outstanding customer service by greeting and engaging with guests, ensuring their needs are met promptly and professionally, setting an example for your team and coaching
- Oversee the day to day floor operation, ensuring that tables are accurately maintained and set guests are welcomed and seated, bookings and large parties are
- Have a good grasp of H&S and F&S policies and procedures
- Positive and flexible attitude, with the ability to think laterally and willing to problem solve
- Ensure the traders and on-site team are complying with the legal and health and safety (including food safety) responsibilities and expectations that are set out for them and all health and safety practises are adhered to.
- Address guest complaints or concerns promptly and find creative solutions to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Train new team members on Kerb policies, procedures, and service standards, fostering their growth and development.
- Create and manage floor team schedules, ensuring adequate coverage during peak hours while optimising staff efficiency.
- Implement incentives for the team, do team briefings, monitor & evaluate performance
- Acting as a Brand Ambassador for KERB within the Covent Garden community
- Adhere to opening and closing procedures – continuously look to improve
- Collaborate with other departments across the venue to monitor stock levels, anticipate supply needs, and ensure proper inventory control.
- Proactive management of tenants performance and standards
- Ensure clear communication channels between KERB and traders
- Promoting new ideas and ways of thinking and operating across the markets.
- To ensure that all cleaning duties are completed by the team – cleaning schedules adhered to stringently
- Proven experience in a restaurant supervisory or management role, preferably in a high volume setting.
- Excellent leadership and interpersonal skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team.
- Strong customer service orientation, with a genuine desire to create memorable dining experiences.
- Exceptional organisational and multitasking abilities to handle high-pressure situations effectively.
- Sound knowledge of food and beverage service techniques, including wine and cocktail knowledge.
- Proficient computer skills, including POS systems and Microsoft Office Suite.
- Flexibility to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required in the hospitality industry.
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations and best practices.
- Ability to remain calm and composed in stressful situations, making quick decisions when necessary.
- You will receive 20% off food and drink at Seven Dials Market, KERB Markets and 15% food and drink at the National Theatre.
- Perks at Work – access to 30,000+ national & local employee discounts
- Full training and chances for progression – including personal training budget
- Access to Hospitality Action Employee Assistance program
- CODEapp annual membership
- Private Medical Insurance
- Team Socials
|Salary||£32,000 – £35,000 / Year|
|Experience||Minimum 2 years of experience|
|Location||35 Earlham St London, London, WC2H 9LD, United Kingdom|