Sam’s Riverside – Critically acclaimed Modern British Restaurant & Bar on the Hammersmith Riverside overlooking Hammersmith Bridge, the restaurant has gone from strength to strength since opening in 2019 (despite Covid) and we are looking for vibrant, experienced Restaurant Host / Hostess to join our amazing reception team.
Experience in busy restaurants essential. We host 120-160 guests per service which increases during the summer months due to the riverside location and our beautiful terrace. As front of house you will have exceptional customer service skills. This is a great opportunity to gain experience working in a fast paced restaurant with a focused team.
You will need to demonstrate a stable background working in a busy, high end restaurant and or bar. Passion & enthusiasm is essential.
To join our family you MUST:
- Be a reliable person with a stable background working in a high end restaurant and or bar.
- Be professional, on time and with a high work ethic.
- Be passionate about Hospitality.
- Have at least 2 years experience in a similar environment.
- Live within 3 miles from W6 area or be willing to travel at day and night time. If commuting is not sustainable in the long term, think twice before applying.
- Be fully committed to your job.
- Be able to work under pressure and find solutions to problems.
- Work SMART, not HARD.
- Be able to work in a team and support anyone who needs help.
- Be proud of what you do and always do your best.
If you join us, your benefits Include:
- Competitive rates of pay including Tronc- package DOE
- Meals on Duty – Twice a day
- Average 40-48 hours week (Full Time) 25-35 hours week (Part Time)
- Cycle to work scheme
- Employee Discounts
- Complimentary Anniversary Meal: Every 12 months, for 2 people
- Referral Bonus Scheme
- Monthly Performance Bonus & Rewards
- Monthly competitions and prizes
- Excellent Opportunities To Progress due to planned new openings in West London over the next 6 months.
*This is a permanent role*
- Answering phone calls, emails and and dealing with our customers face to face in an exceptional manner.
- Delivering a memorable experience to customers, being the first and last point of contact for the customer experience.
- Managing our cloak room and using our bookings system to check customers in, managing the seating of customers throughout service.
- Supporting the front of house team to ensure a smooth service.
- At the forefront of the experience at Sam’s; our expectation is for your work to revolve around this principle.
- Other jobs/tasks/responsibilities will be allocated on a per shift, day & week basis
- Ensuring customers have a memorable experience based around a set of service standards
- Previous experience in a service environment is crucial; especially in high volume brasserie style restaurants.
- Fine Dining would also be advantageous as we are developing a quality driven dining experience.
- Use of booking systems (Seven rooms, Open Table, Design My night etc.)
- “A Can Do Attitude” goes a long way and knowing that there is always something to do in a restaurant will be litmus test for your success with us.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £13.50 per hour
- Company events
- Cycle to work scheme
- Discounted or free food
- Employee discount
- Private medical insurance
- Referral programme
- Store discount
- 12 hour shift
- 8 hour shift
- Day shift
- Night shift
- Weekend availability
Supplemental pay types:
- Performance bonus
- How long will it take you to travel to Hammersmith?
- Are you looking for Full Time or Part Time hours?
- When is the earliest day you could start?
- Restaurant Host: 2 years (required)
- United Kingdom (required)
- Day shift (required)
- Night shift (required)